Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Commuter Rail

I don't ask for much - I want:

A train that is on time. If its supposed to arrive in South Station at 7:23, it should. No more excuses - if MBTA / MBCR can't fix the problem update the schedule to be more realistic.

A parking lot that is free of ice and snow before the first train leaves in the morning. There are 373 parking spaces in Grafton, assuming that 350 spaces are used per day at $2 each that's $700 per day x 20 days per month x 12 months per year = $168,000. There should be more than enough money to pay for the upkeep of the parking lot and pay the attendant who picks up the money. The last two times it snowed the snow plows were working at 6:00 am - the train leaves at 6:18. Logic says its a lot easier to clean an empty parking lot than one with people driving around trying to find a parking space without getting hit by the plow.

The truth - if the train is going to be 15 minutes late say so - don't tell me 5 minutes. It can get pretty cold standing on the platform waiting for a late train. If you tell me the train will be 15 minutes late - I'll probably go sit in my car. I can't do that if its 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Train Rider said...

Hudi,

I am also a fellow commuter rail rider who travels into Boston from the Grafton station. Thank you for creating a blog and posting about your commuter rail experiences.

I also created a blog (http://trainstopping.blogspot.com) because I was tired of all the delays on the Worcester-Framingham commuter rail line.

Happy Commutes!

Train Rider